What happens when sunbathing turns funny? We bring you 30 hilarious photos of people who got peculiar sunburnt patterns. Let’s just say that it’s the new form of turning into a piece of art while resting on the beach.
Sunscreen is highly recommended for protecting your skin from UV rays. Scientists and activists have been warning for years about the depletion of the ozone layer, leading to an increased risk of sun damage. UVA rays are typically linked to the aging of skin cells which leads to wrinkles and sunspots. Most importantly, we have to use sunscreen to prevent skin cancer.
Moving back to the funny side of enjoying the sun, take a look at how these folks forgot their SPF and ended up looking exotic in the most amusing way possible.
1. Almost identical!
2. Whatever you do, don’t make a tattoo of the outlines!
Never sleep outside with cereal guys xxxxx pic.twitter.com/aftXSDJgnb
— cupcake fuckface (@elley5sos) June 2, 2013
3. We never knew that shade of pink was even possible on humans!
4. Poor knees look as if they were fried in oil!
5. If only there were a way to wear that cap so it would shade your face!
— Mark (@MarkdFL) June 23, 2016
6. Patrick would be enjoying himself!
7. The guy probably does a lot of mountain biking.
8. We think it’s the look!
9. At least the phone wasn’t stolen!
10. We bet this isn’t the suntan he expected!
11. Who knew that sunburn and a potato had so much in common?
12. “Hold my beer” gets a whole new meaning
13. At least he wears it well!
14. Another ripped jeans fail!
15. We’re guessing that the brace will leave a tan line, too!
16. Now, that’s unfortunate!
17. More than a tan!
18. Sadly, it looks like a giant mosquito bite!
19. Spray sunscreen can be tricky!
The Imgur user wrote:
“My friends first time in the Florida sun. Apparently it was also their first time using spray on sunscreen.”
20. That belly roll threw some great shades!
21. The foot has given up!
22. This is why cutouts on a bathing suit are a terrible idea!
23. She’s still got a beautiful complexion!
24. Itchy keyboard!
25. How about seeing a doctor?!
One time I shaved my head, got severely sunburned, & swelled up just a little bit :-) pic.twitter.com/9FWw3jcdYf
— Cade Huckabay (@CadeHuckabay) December 5, 2017
26. Looks like having flip-flop lines wasn’t good enough!
27. It doesn’t hurt as much as not having the stripes of a Bengal!
28. Maybe guys will pull up pants after seeing this!
29. It looks painful!
30. Rub the spray sunscreen, please!
Lesson of the day… Always rub in spray sunscreen or you'll end up looking like Colby jack cheese pic.twitter.com/CevkMKFcp2
— t r a s e y (@traseydb) June 5, 2016